Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Storytime: Superheroes!

This year's Summer Reading Program theme, Every Hero Has a Story, is my favorite! There are so many programs and book displays you can do with this theme, and who doesn't love superheroes? The kids at my library are nuts for them and our books are always checked out. It was a no-brainer to plan a Superhero storytime for my toddler and preschool groups! KA-POW! BAM! Okay, I'll stop now.

BOOKS:

SupertruckTen rules of being a superheroThe amazing adventures of Bumblebee BoyMighty MaxThe day I lost my superpowers

Supertruck by Stephen Savage
Ten Rules of Being a Superhero by Deb Pilutti
The Amazing Adventures of Bumblebee Boy by David Soman
Mighty Max! by Harriet Ziefert
The Day I Lost My Superpowers by Michael Escoffier

RHYMES & SONGS:

Flannel Rhyme: A Superhero Suits Up

What's that sound? I heard the call!
For I'm the greatest superhero of them all!

I'm off, I'm ready, I'm almost there!
Oh wait... I'm in my underwear?

I'll need my cape to help me fly,
And my rocket boots to traverse the sky,

Now I'm set and ready to go!
I think I'm forgetting something though...

That's right! My super belt of utility,
And my goggles to increase visibility!

Now I'm off, I'm out the door!
Why do I think there's something more?

That's so weird to feel a breeze
Where I should be covered.... Oh no! Wiz gees!

I need my SUIT with my super star
To go adventuring near and far!

Oh wait, what's that? The danger's through
There's no more crime fighting left to do?

But I'm all dressed up! Oh sigh, oh well,

At least my outfit's looking swell...

Source: Library Makers




Fingerplay: Five Superheroes

Five superheroes ready to fly
Here comes the villain, Stop that guy!
This superhero can save the day.
Off he flies – up, up, and away!

Count down from 4, 3, 2, 1, 0

Source: Jbrary

Action Rhyme: Superhero, Superhero, Turn Around

Superhero, superhero turn around
Superhero, superhero touch the ground
Superhero, superhero put on your suit
Superhero, Superhero put on your boots.
Superhero, Superhero jump up high.
Superhero, Superhero fly, fly, fly.

Source: Jbrary

CRAFT:

Paper Bag Superhero Kid


No comments: